I try posting the blog of 2015 summaries and 2016 goals, as training english.
Goals that I could be achieved in 2015
Thankfully, I had made so many outputs. Especially I wanted to practice programming skills, so I'm glad to made outputs and contributed about software. In other words, I wonder if it's too many outputs comparing technical level for me.
- Daily network operations
- Development software using Python and Django
- It's my long-planned work as programmer!
- Got over some network troubles
- Business Trip
- Los Angles
- San Jose
- It's valuable experience that participants of janog event and me talk about network engineers in Silicon valley.
12 presentations, but including a lot of non-technical talk.
- 福岡にきんしゃい! APRICOT-APAN2015参加のすすめ in JANOG35
- エンジニアのキャリアパスを考える ネットワークエンジニア編 in wakamonog#7
- ISP network and the internet in Internal lecture for new employees
- wakamonog update 2015 in JANOG35.5
- なぜネットワーク自動化が進まないのか 〜とあるネットワーク屋の泣き言〜 in wakamonog+ssmjp
- got 28,000 over page views!
- なぜネットワーク運用自動化が進まないのかWhitebox switch編 in Whitebox Switch user meeting
- インターネットの決め事ってどうやって決まっているのでしょうか？ in wakamonog#8
- インターネットの決め事の決め方 in JANOG36
- ルータコンフィグのGit管理のススメ ～Git管理以外を自動化してみた～ in JANOG36
- NetOps Coding#1 開催のお知らせ in JANOG LT night#1
- "運用"におけるイノベーションを考える in JJANOG US Regional Meeting
- Introduction of NetOpsCoding in NetOpsCoding#1
In 2015, I tried to post technical blog monthly using Qiita. There are many automation tips for network operations.
- ルータ制御APIライブラリ NAPALMを触ってみた
- QuaggaでBGP Route Serverを作ってみた
- Python3.4 + Djangoで作るWebアプリケーション(Part.1 環境構築編)
- Python3.4 + Djangoで作るWebアプリケーション(Part.2 アプリ開発編)
- But, I couldn't post Part.3 during 2015.
- PeeringDB2.0 APIを使ってみる
I tried to join some conference staff to skill up for network technics. They were thanks to grateful support my comprehensive boss and team member.
- CROSS 2015 as Network Building Member
- APRICTO APAN 2015 as Network Building Member
- JANOG36 as Program Committee
- YAPC::Aisa TOKYO 2015 as Network Building Member
- CEDEC 2015 as Network Building Leader
- LL Ring Recursive as Network Building Member
- JANOG37 as Program Committee chair
- wakamonog#8 as Organizer
- NetOpsCoding#1 as Organizer
- CCNP Routing
Goals that I could NOT be achieved in 2015
- English speaking/reading/listening trainings
I tried starting english training using DMM英会話, ESL Podcast, watching US TV dramas on Netflix, reading NANOG mailing list and so on. Although it was difficult to keep the motivation to learn english everyday. I can consider a cause, I focused on learning programming skill, so I cannot keep enough time and my resources for english training. One more thing,I have to improve feedback cycle to get a sense of accomplishments.
Goals in 2016
To change 2015 year that I made too many outputs, I will increasing inputs in 2016. I want to focus on english training. I will gain communication skill with english native speakers. - Keeping 30min Skype english lessons daily. - Posting english blog weekly, like this post. - Increasing opportunities to work with global people.
In addition, I will reevaluate how to spend my time because I need enough time for skill up. - Decreasing time for playing TV games less than 30 minutes per day. - Getting up at 5:30 am on weekdays. - Don't forget daily relaxing time in 30 minutes.
I hope it will be a wonderful year for you.